Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor it is forwarded to another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The article must contain a minimum of 40% content related to the European perspective to make the research situate within the parameter of JES.
- Authors are requested to check their plagiarism index before submission, which should be under 19% as per HEC standards.
- No author is allowed to submit his/her research article to more than one journal simultaneously.
- Authors are required to obtain an ORCID ID and register themselves online at its website https://orcid.org/register before submission. The ID will have to be shared with the submitted article.
- The submission file must be in either Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- Where available, the URLs for the references will have to be provided.
- The text must be single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics instead of underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text must adhere to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author’s Guidelines.
- Last date of submission of articles for biannual issues: Issue no.1 (March 30), issue no.2 (September 30).
The Journal of European Studies (JES) is an open-access biannual Journal published by the Area Study Centre for Europe (ASCE), University of Karachi. It publishes articles under the terms of the Creative Common Attribution 4.0 International License Policy [CC – BY]. It acknowledges the copyright of the author for his/her research work providing the right of free access to users to the contents of articles published in the JES. For the editorial and publishing process, the editor of JES holds the publishing right on the behalf of the ASCE.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.