Cooperation & Coordination with Pakistani & Foreign Institutions
Coordination with the Government Departments, Research and Academic Institutions.
The Centre on the request of the Foreign Office prepared two research monographs entitled Europe ’s Role in the Emerging New World Order: Prospects, Challenges and Opportunities for Pakistan by Prof. Dr. Naveed Ahmad Tahir and The Single European Market 1992: Implications for the Pakistan’s Economy and Prospects to meet its Challenges by Ms. Nasreen Areola.
Recently another research paper on Immigration to Europe: Myths and Realities by Dr. Tasneem Sultana, Professor, Area Study Centre for Europe was written on the request of Foreign Office.
Officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Air War College (Karachi), the Quetta Staff College, the Naval Staff College (Karachi) and scholars from the Islamabad Policy Research Institute (IPRI), the Institute of Regional Studies (IRS) Islamabad, the Institute of Strategic Studies, Islamabad and the other Area Study Centres are regularly invited to attend the international seminars organized by the Centre. All the publications of the Centre including its Journal of European Studies are sent to these institutions.
- Several Policy Papers submitted to National Security Division (NSD), Islamabad
- Several Talks in collaboration with the KCFR
- Launched short course on “The Climate Change Management in Pakistan” (on the direction of National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Climate Change)
Cooperation with Foreign Institutions:
The ASCE has been coordinating academic activities (International Seminars, Workshops, lectures etc) with the following foreign Institutions and organizations:
Name of Foreign Institutions/Organizations:
- The European Studies Programme (1999-2002)
- JEAN MONNET PROJECT (2001-2004)/Jean Monnet Chair of European Political Science
- European Commission’s Asia link programme (CLIMA PROJECT) on environment
- Twenty-Four International Seminars and several Workshops/Conferences in collaboration with the HSF
- Student Research Fellowship Project in collaboration with the HSF
- Three International Conferences and several Talks in collaboration with the Goethe Institut.
- Lecture Series of Interactions with Alliance Française, Karachi “Social Sciences Open Doors Policy”